Sight (Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time.)
- Watch the sun set (or rise) at least once a week.
- Throw out any make up color you don’t like or wear.
- When dressing casually at home, wear something attractive, soft and feels good.
- See yourself in a full length mirror without commentary, (spoken or not).
- Buy a bouquet of flowers and put them in a beautiful vase.
Hearing (Make passionate my sense of hearing…William Shakespeare)
- Go on a “listening walk” in your neighborhood and notice the different sounds.
- Sit alone and listen to a classical music piece and try to identify the various instruments.
- Open a window or better, sit outside and listen to the birds in the morning.
- Listen to music sung in a foreign language.
- Don’t turn on the radio or TV when at home or in the car.
Taste (Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love. Charlie Brown)
- Taste a flight of 3—wine, chocolate, apples, honey. Notice the differences.
- Try a new recipe. (Read Isabel Allende’s Aphrodite for ideas)
- Cut up and slowly savor a fresh strawberry, peach, or an orange.
- In your daily pitcher of water, slice and add a lemon, orange, or cucumber.
- Go into a chocolate store and buy and savor a piece of your favorite chocolate.
Smell (Smell is the sense of memory and desire…..Jean Jacques Rousseau)
- Visit an aromatherapy store. Smell various essential oils.
- Light those candles you’ve been saving for a special time. Now is that time.
- Layer the scent and buy and use lotions that match your favorite perfumes.
- Open and use those wonderfully scented French milled soaps.
- Line lingerie drawer with scented liners or sachets.
Touch (Too often we underestimate the power of a touch..Helen Keller)
- Stand barefoot on grass.
- Touch all the textures you are wearing.
- Take a bath—long, warm, delicious. Apply scented lotion after the bath.
- Go to a fabric store (or designer dress section of a store) and feel the various luxury fabrics.
- Handle food. Prepare food, noticing the variety of textures. Eat an entire meal with your hands.