#hourglassworkshops #womenoverfifty #personalretreats
If you have never been away on a personal retreat, we encourage you to do so. Do you go near or far, solo or with a friend? All depends what your intentions are for the time away.
Last month, we both wanted to re-boot our own personal creativity as well as develop a new Hourglass program together. We needed a break from the day-to-day routines and the usual distractions. As we planned for this retreat away, we discussed what would make the week a success, and of course fun!
We found a perfect AirBnb condo and scheduled time away from our everyday lives. Success for us meant creativity and ideas flowed, and we planned and created our new online program. By the end of the week, we were both relaxed, had more energy and accomplished what we had intended.
One BIG thing we both were reminded…..When you do open up space and time, unexpected delightful people and surprises magically happen! One of the easiest ways to open up your life is to reduce or eliminate distractions.
Here’s our “Recipe for Retreat” success…..what we did that made it works so well for us.
1. Have a general plan and goals, specifically what you want to accomplish to make it worthwhile.
2. Schedule activity blocks of time each day. Focus fon small steps one by one.
3. During the creative/productive blocks, eliminate distractions. social media, emails,and phones.
4. Every morning began with a walk or hike outside somewhere pretty with fresh air and the sounds of nature.
5. Eat simply, healthfully and sleep well.
6. Reward yourself with something special each day “after your work”.
7. Savor and appreciate this special time, the work you did, enhanced creativity, and the unexpected surprises in life.
Do you need to go to Sedona? No, but is beautiful! However, we both highly recommend you reduce your daily distractions, get away from your routine and retreat into your own personal creative energy. For a day, a week or so, near or far. It’s up to you.
Have you gone on a personal retreat? What worked for you? We’d love to hear from you.