This delicious variation on a chicken potato casserole is quick and easy to make.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs baking potatoes or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm)-thick circles
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons grated romano cheese
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
Stir together the allspice, 1 1/2 tsp salt, cumin, cinnamon, sugar and olive oil in a medium bowl. Add chicken and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Boil the potatoes in water to cover, plus the remaining tsp salt, for about 10 minutes or until tender but not soft. Drain.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a large baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 425°F.
- Remove chicken from oven and arrange potatoes between pieces.
- In a small dish, mix together the garlic and lemon juice. Pour this over the chicken and potatoes.
- Return chicken to oven and bake an additional 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.