I adapted the original recipe from Elizabeth Karmel’s website, www.girlsatthegrill.com
Yield: Makes ¾ Cup
- ¼ C. Hungarian paprika (I use smoked paprika)
- 1 T. Sugar
- 3 T. Brown Sugar
- 1 T. cumin
- 2 T. dried chipotle chili powder
- 1 T fresh ground pepper
- 1 T cayenne
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- (Optional: Sometimes I’ll add 1 T Oregano and 1 T cinnamon)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Store extra in an airtight container.
Prepare St. Louis Ribs.
- Trim excess fat.
- Set the rack of ribs on a large sheet of foil.
- Sprinkle and spread rub generously on meaty side of ribs (I put a light layer on the bone side as well.)
- Seal ribs in foil (usually takes two pieces sandwiched together) and place on a baking pan.
- Bake in slow 200-250 degree oven for 4+hours.
- Grill ribs on BBQ for a few minutes on each side…just enough to sear them.
- Brush on a sauce of your choice at this time, if desired. I like them dry, just the rub.
- Serve. Provide lots of napkins and enjoy!