Fall is here, and with it, pumpkin spice… everything. So why not muffins? These easy treats are quick to make, freeze beautifully for later, and are great to have on hand for a last-minute hostess gift or a surprise guest.
- 3 cups (576g) sugar
- 1 cup oil (you can substitute melted butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 – 16 oz can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 cups (360g) flour
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (325° for dark or non-stick pans)
- Grease muffin tins or line with muffin cups
- Mix the sugar and oil until well blended.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing after each one.
- Mix in pumpkin.
- Sift together flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder. (If you do not have a sifter, combine in a bowl and stir with a fork to distribute spices)
- Add flour mixture and mix slowly just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 to 2/3 full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the largest muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
This recipe can also be used to make two quick-bread loaves. Follow the same recipe, but instead of the muffin tins, split the batter into two 9″x4″ loaf pans, and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Let us know what you think!